Sunday, August 31, 2014

Long time, no see!

I can't believe it's already been three weeks!

Well things have been pretty busy.  I started work at Pio Decimo and I absolutely fell in love! I'm working in the preschool classroom.  We started out the year with only 5 students, but I just found on on Friday that two more enrolled and will be starting on Tuesday! (yay for 3 day weekends by the way!) My students (all 3 years old) are all so adorable.  I love spending time with them.  It's great to see them thrive too.  My class is comprised of 3 girls and 2 boys.  When they started school two and a half weeks ago, the girls always needed me to push them on the swings when we had outdoor play.  By the end of this week, after I help them get on the swings they are good to go.  They are so proud of themselves and always yell to me "Teacher look! I'm going so high!"  One of the boys also can now make it halfway across the monkey bars without my help.  These little things that bring them so much excitement and joy make me happy and make my job in Arizona the best I've ever had.

My casamates and I have been settling in nicely.  Now that we're on more of a routine, we started to explore the city more.  I try to make it out of the building during my lunch break every day to see what's around.  The other day I spent my entire lunch break at Tucson Reptile Rescue learning all about different reptiles and hanging out with some giant lizards and turtles.

There's so much more I could talk about, but we have a community business meeting soon so I need to get ready.  I'm always open to phone and Skype calls though :)

Missing everyone on the East coast! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment