Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The Right Choice

As I sit here in my kitchen in my kitchen in Tucson AZ, I look back on the events that led me here

Let's go back to December 2013. If you knew me then, you knew that I was stressing about a million and one different things going on in life.  The reality of graduation was setting in.  I was struggling with different relationships with my friends.  Above all, I had NO idea what I wanted to do.  I decided to apply to JVC on a whim, less than a month before the application was due.

Fast forward to September 16th, 2014.

As I was walking into work this morning, it was the first time since starting this process that I was able to say I am 100% positive that I made the right decision so many months ago.  Here I am in my kitchen in a house I've shared with five of the most amazing women the past month and a half.  I've met the most amazing people.  I've seen the most beautiful sunsets.  I work with the cutest kids every day.  Being so far away from essentially everything and everyone I know has given me the best opportunity to strengthen the relationships that are important to me (I've Skyped my friend in Argentina at least three times since being here). I value every phone call home, and I look forward to it every day.  I've actually picked up the phone and called people who's voice I had almost forgotten because we rely so heavily on texts nowadays. I actually call my brother at UVM, because I know I cant rely on seeing him every month or so.

Looking back on where I've been, where I am now, and where I am going, I leave you now with a quote I found yesterday that I felt really connected to:


"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer

 to carry rain or usher storm, but to add 

color to my sunset sky.”

-Rabindranath Tagore

No comments:

Post a Comment