Sunday, September 28, 2014

J and J's Adventure Day

Today, Julie and Jerry (our two community support people) took us on a hike to the beautiful Sabino Canyon.  We started bright and early just before 8am and hiked so many trails.  We ended the day swimming in a river we found that got substantially deep.  The cool water was indescribably refreshing after the hours of hiking in the heat.  I ALSO SAW MY FIRST RATTLESNAKE! Apparently we all stepped right over it until Abi noticed it.  We were ridiculously lucky none of us stepped on it...

I unfortunately did not take many pictures today, but I wanted to share some that my roommate Abi took:

Jerry lent me his sun hat. We matched for the day.

THE RATTLER

These were along the river we swam in.  Pretty impressive to whoever built them.

Getting ready to jump in!

Awesome views!

Desert hikes are quite different from what I'm used to in the Northeast

Barrel cactus flower


No comments:

Post a Comment